Game Developer / Graphic Artist / Musician
Trophies
Website
skrap-klan.itch.io
XP
Country
Norway
robiul said:
The latest Softchip has better compatibility than Wiigator's 0.3, because Wiigator's cannot play Twilight Princess, crashes at safety part but the latest softchip loads it and you can play the game.

Guys I wonder if you can edit the channel so that it auto loads the disc instead of having to press A (loads system language and video mode default). One of the Wiigator's channel was able to autoload, it had loading written writing on the screen.
Also I noticed that it displays writing when reading the disc, this should be hidden and have something like the logo on the screen while it's reading, like this:

softchip.jpg

or this.

MenuScreen1copy.jpg
It is a good idea..!
biggrin.gif

But I think you should talk about it here..:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=ST&f=108&t=113659

ringorinfret

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jfitie said:
WiiPower said:
LightyKD said:
does soft chip fix the issues of "disc read error" that wiigator 0.3b has? I'm thinking about switching over to soft chip but im not sure.

This has to be fixed in the cIOS. There's no need to "switch" just copy SoftChip on your sd card and run it from the HBC, it uses the same cIOS as the 0.3b. Only decrypted games won't work. It's probably even compatible with the cIOS which will be released with the 0.3 gamma.

True, but some games work (better) with softchip than with wiigator .3beta
It's best to have both channels (wiigator & softchip) installed
wink.gif

is there a list of compatible games? for example does call of duty 3 work on it? I have yet to see a loader be able to run it.

thanks!

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I was hoping to see a compatibility list as well. I might keep both this one and Wiigator's, just in case a game I get doesn't work on one and then I can try on the other.

EDIT: Fixed a typo.

Scolor

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can someone upload the cIOS on mediafire or another mirror? I have a static IP and megaupload doesn't let me download from it.
hate2.gif

dottor_male

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
WiiPower said:
dottor_male said:
Woah, No more Heroes doesn't freeze, while it freeze with backup loader 0.3

I thought this was corrected by the fix from requiem4d(entryholder fix)???

Well, my version kept freezing just before reaching the "job shop" even with the last version of backup loader, just after the first mission. Maybe because it is a PAL version...

KimKong

Game Developer / Graphic Artist / Musician
Trophies
Website
skrap-klan.itch.io
XP
Country
Norway
Anybody wanting to be part of the compatability list for "SoftChip" should register here: http://maschell.de/mediawiki-1.6.10/index.php/Main_Page We haven't updated the list with information about the "SoftChip" yet, because we are waiting for a proper version to be released with it's own cIOS.

These lists already have a big ammount of games listed. And information about Waninkoko's loader and WiiGators.. Check it out if you want to contribute..!

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
dottor_male said:
Well, my version kept freezing just before reaching the "job shop" even with the last version of backup loader, just after the first mission. Maybe because it is a PAL version...
Did you use the fix from requiem for wiigator 0.3b/softchip? The PAL version works fine with both.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
theBLUEBIRD said:
Anybody wanting to be part of the compatability list for "SoftChip" should register here: http://maschell.de/mediawiki-1.6.10/index.php/Main_Page We haven't updated the list with information about the "SoftChip" yet, because we are waiting for a proper version to be released with it's own cIOS.

These lists already have a big ammount of games listed. And information about Waninkoko's loader and WiiGators.. Check it out if you want to contribute..!

You should make a compatibilty list for the different cIOS. SoftChip, Wiigator 0.3b and the new Wiigator 0.3 gamma will probably be able to use the actual 0.3b cIOS, SoftChip's cIOS(not named yet) and the 0.3 gamma cIOS. It's only the cIOS that matters if you don't play cross region, don't change the language and don't use cheats. Maybe booting from the disc channel in Wiigator 0.3 gamma will increase compatibilty, but i'm not sure that it does. But even if it does, the gamma disc channel loading will probably compatible with SoftChips's cIOS.

PS: At least in the first SoftChip cIOS release support for decrypted games will not be included

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
theBLUEBIRD said:

You should make a compatibilty list for the different cIOS. SoftChip, Wiigator 0.3b and the new Wiigator 0.3 gamma will probably be able to use the actual 0.3b cIOS, SoftChip's cIOS(not named yet) and the 0.3 gamma cIOS. It's only the cIOS that matters if you don't play cross region, don't change the language and don't use cheats. Maybe booting from the disc channel in Wiigator 0.3 gamma will increase compatibilty,

actually, it will very likely not affect it either way, but if it does, it is likely compatibility through disc channel will be slightly worse. thinking as a chipper, I think many fellow chippers will agree, that the GeckoOS code, used as overhead by the launcher, is often essential in booting some games correctly for us, and likely the same will be true for softies.

pelago said:
QUOTE(theBLUEBIRD @ Nov 14 2008, 01:28 PM)
Anybody wanting to be part of the compatability list for "SoftChip" should register here: http://maschell.de/mediawiki-1.6.10/index.php/Main_Page
Why not just use the gbatemp wiki?

well....our wiki has been around a lot longer, and already has a broader scope of compatibility info, but it is a little messy, a bit out-of-date, and very sparse on the newest of loaders, which was kind of the point of bluebirds post.
he and I_speel_good do a good job patrolling the lists there though.

if it weren't for the occasional random rollback that really frustrates me, I'd promote it harder.

personal choice is what it comes down to.

I guess I've never really seen the point in making a compatibility wiki at all for something that:

a) is being consitently improved at a pretty quick pace
b) has a goal of being compatibile with everything anyway
c) has branced into multiple projects

but I do like to help out anyways.

knigitz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe I made this, if you want to credit me
smile.gif

iconsb8.png

Correction: I didn't make the CD, but I put the image together with the text and posted here
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1