Trophies
Website
www.coastalwebinnovations.com
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
Howdy, is Forsaken's cSM out yet? or still only open for beta testers?
wont be released by fors, till botmii is released. (unless he changed his mind on things)

Hey cool thanks for the update. What is botmii ... haven't heard of that yet.
(yes l did search the forums a bit before asking...)

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a WAD Manager disc that I made myself by using Zack and Wiki and replacing a file with WAD Manger and Trucha Signing it. It's not an autoboot disc, though I have a modchip (Wiikey v1) so autoboot discs should work. Is it better to stick with my disc and use the Starfall method to load it, or would downloading this and using the autoboot method be better?

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
With this disc, you dont need starfall. You dont need the Twilight Hack. You just pop it in, and no matter what, as long as the dvd drive works, this disc will autoboot.

With starfall, you would need a gamecube controller to press "Y", but for this, its not needed at all.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
I have got the "system files corrupted" message from what I assume is a corrupt/invalid WAD I had only just installed.

I have burnt the ISO to DVD and put it in the drive but the Wii still shows the same error message.

I have a Wiikey v1 which AFAIK allows autobooting of DVDs ... it did for its config disc anyway.

Any ideas ?

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tichinde925 said:
With this disc, you dont need starfall. You dont need the Twilight Hack. You just pop it in, and no matter what, as long as the dvd drive works, this disc will autoboot.

With starfall, you would need a gamecube controller to press "Y", but for this, its not needed at all.
Yeah but the end result is basically the same right?

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
This doesn't work for me - though I am about to try it again (having run the iso through bootme ... though from the description I shouldn't need to).

I am sure, from reading on here, I have a "banner brick". I have starfall installed and as well as the two rescue menu patches (I'm sure I installed those) I also installed the "remove health warning" patch.

Now, when I turn on the wii ... I see the wii menu "in black and white" (ie a screen of channels in white all with "Wii" written on them) and the DVD drive is trying to do soemthing but then it comes up with the "system files corrupted" message
frown.gif

Does it matter, with Starfall, when you press the Y button on the cube controller and/or which port the controller goes in ?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
AdamBrunt said:
I have got the "system files corrupted" message from what I assume is a corrupt/invalid WAD I had only just installed.

I have burnt the ISO to DVD and put it in the drive but the Wii still shows the same error message.

I have a Wiikey v1 which AFAIK allows autobooting of DVDs ... it did for its config disc anyway.

Any ideas ?

Do you have 3.3 or

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
I am running 3.2E, have starfall installed and have a Wiikey v1

I have tried both the wadmanager ISO and a "bootme'd" version of the ISO. Neither one works.

I have tried holding the Y button as the Wii boots with the controller in both port the left and right end ports. Nothing.

I am sure I installed the 2 rescue menu patches when I installed starfall

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I have tried both the wadmanager ISO and a "bootme'd" version of the ISO. Neither one works.

I have tried holding the Y button as the Wii boots with the controller in both port the left and right end ports. Nothing.

I am sure I installed the 2 rescue menu patches when I installed starfall

at the health screen, it should Autoboot, don't press anything it will load automatically
You don't need to use starfalls features with this, but always keep starfall patches on aswell,
smile.gif

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, that could be my problem then ... I installed the "remove health screen" patch.

Could that be the reason it is not working ?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
AdamBrunt said:
Ah, that could be my problem then ... I installed the "remove health screen" patch.

Could that be the reason it is not working ?

You say you are on 3.2, actually you don't need starfall to autoboot homebrew discs since you have both modchip and trucha bugged system menu...

That's in theory...
In practice, some of those "...system files are corrupted..." bricks prevents the autobooting... I have similar problem with my previous wii... you can just see it in my signature
smile.gif

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
That's in theory...
In practice, some of those "...system files are corrupted..." bricks prevents the autobooting... I have similar problem with my previous wii... you can just see it in my signature
smile.gif

Did you manage to fix it ?

QUOTE(djdynamite123 @ Nov 23 2008, 07:51 PM)I Wouldn't of installed the patch to remove health screen like, that give the wii "Chance to delay booting up"

That's as maybe ... question is, could it be causing the wii to not autoboot ?

It's looking like SaveMii is my only option

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGhhGhvxbvI