Hacking Autobooting Wad Manager ISO

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
djdynamite123 said:
use savemiifrii, the gamecube pad, see if that "helps"

I would do but it's not my GC controller - and I don't want to break it trying.

QUOTE(djdynamite123 @ Nov 23 2008, 07:58 PM) so you don't remember what patches you patched to your menu?

I am 99.5% certain I installed the "health screen" and 2 "rescue menu" patches. But as Wiicrazy says, a 3.2E Wii with Wiikey shouldn't need starfall and should autoboot ....

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
djdynamite123 said:
I Wouldn't of installed the patch to remove health screen like, that give the wii "Chance to delay booting up"
Therefore making you able to boot the iso..(i believe that is the problem )

djdynamite123... Do you think I should put the health screen warning back(unpatch). I have starfall with all patches(no modchip) Do you think it will make a problem if I get a brick?

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
djdynamite123... Do you think I should put the health screen warning back(unpatch). I have starfall with all patches(no modchip) Do you think it will make a problem if I get a brick?
wiicrazy what do you think?
I believe you should remove the health patch, otherwise your wii is booting straight into "menu" (if you have the health screen it delays it)
i personally dont have the "health warning patch removed" im on 3.2 with starfall patches except bgm, health screen, TPhack and im modded. (that's how you do it... prepared for my own stupidity).

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
AdamBrunt said:
djdynamite123 said:
use savemiifrii, the gamecube pad, see if that "helps"

I would do but it's not my GC controller - and I don't want to break it trying.

QUOTE(djdynamite123 @ Nov 23 2008, 07:58 PM) so you don't remember what patches you patched to your menu?

I am 99.5% certain I installed the "health screen" and 2 "rescue menu" patches. But as Wiicrazy says, a 3.2E Wii with Wiikey shouldn't need starfall and should autoboot ....

Well just to be sure I tested what djdynamite suggested, installed replace health warning with backmenu patch... he was right, wii first displayed channels then autobooted... it doesn't even wait for a button pressing...

But you say you installed recovery menu patch... You should be able to get into recovery menu keeping y button pushed on 1st gc controller and powering on the wii (red->green)

You can finally decide if it does autoboot or not...

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Well just to be sure I tested what djdynamite suggested, installed replace health warning with backmenu patch... he was right, wii first displayed channels then autobooted... it doesn't even wait for a button pressing...

EXACTLY all you that removed the "HEALTH SCREEN" uninstall that patch RUN ALONG GUYS

I thought if you removed that patch it will be booting the wii immediately and hesitate and DIE, if you have the health screen, booting into the menu is delayed so the nand isn't choking, then you can easily autoboot wadmanager iso
smile.gif

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
But you say you installed recovery menu patch... You should be able to get into recovery menu keeping y button pushed on 1st gc controller and powering on the wii (red->green)

You can finally decide if it does autoboot or not...

I thought red->green might be the reason (up until now I'd been going from orange->green). Sadly that makes no difference either.

So, either I didn't install the recovery menu patches or my wii is not just a banner brick.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Replace healthwarning with backmenu dont install this patch if you are dealing with wads, only install for convenience, when you are'nt messing with wads etc. (or you arn't installing anymore)
(i most deffinately have not installed this patch, i would if i wasn't dealing with as many wads as i do)

Skip disc update check
Region free GC games with video mode patch
Region free Wii games
Region free channels

No mainmenu BGM (i wont install, wii seems boring without it!)
Start rescue-menu when Y is held on 1st GC controller
Remove rescue-menu diagnostic disc check

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I thought red->green might be the reason (up until now I'd been going from orange->green). Sadly that makes no difference either.

So, either I didn't install the recovery menu patches or my wii is not just a banner brick.
I'm pretty sure even with a chip youre possibly stuffed, without the health screen your buggered...
wiicrazy what do you suggest for him?

Anyway what exactly happens, when your wii is powered "off" and then you insert the "wad manager autoboot iso" without pressing anything, does it automatically "system files are corrupt" ???
If it does, sorry i cant help you, Noobwarrior might be able to when he floats over here to his favourite subject "wii bericking"
wink2.gif

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
djdynamite123 said:
Anyway what exactly happens, when your wii is powered "off" and then you insert the "wad manager autoboot iso" without pressing anything, does it automatically "system files are corrupt" ???
If it does, sorry i cant help you, Noobwarrior might be able to when he floats over here to his favourite subject "wii bericking"
wink2.gif

When the Wii is 'red light' off ... I put the wad manager autoboot iso in, the wii starts up. It goes straight to the "white channels ,with wii written on them, on black background" then fades to black and then displays the "system files corrupt" message.

Call me pessimistic but I am also getting the feeling that SaveMii won't help either
frown.gif

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
When the Wii is 'red light' off ... I put the wad manager autoboot iso in, the wii starts up. It goes straight to the "white channels ,with wii written on them, on black background" then fades to black and then displays the "system files corrupt" message.

Call me pessimistic but I am also getting the feeling that SaveMii won't help either
This is "bad" for you at the minute, due to you removing the "health" screen, i knew i thought it was correct in me saying it will choke immediately without health!

erm i'm unsure, iv'e gave you all info i know, no savemii will not help you, if pad cant or savemiifrii cant, due to the health screen patched, erm Noobwarrior when he comes on may be able to help, which i "doubt" sorry
frown.gif

First off which wad did you install, please don't say the "mplayer channel with hearts" if means======heartbroken

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:

I'm pretty sure even with a chip youre possibly stuffed, without the health screen your buggered...
wiicrazy what do you suggest for him?

wink2.gif

Actually there is always the recovery mode workaround either through starfall or savemii... So my suggestion is using the recovery mode...

For the system files corrupted brick error condition occurs so early that you are doomed to see that error as soon as code block reaches to the button press part...

Below is a list for such errors, first one you get for copy games, second for out of region channels, third probably for low level nand failures, fourth one is what we are experiencing...

1. An error has occured. Press the Eject Button and remove the disc, then turn the Wii console off and refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting.
2. This channel can't be used
3. Wii System Memory is damaged. Refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting.
4. The system files are corrupted. Please refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting.

If you got these errors from the warning run state then they will be black on white background and system will let you to continue...
If you got them from error run state then they will be white on black background and system will not let you continue...

@AdamBrunt:
If you are 100% sure you did installed recovery menu patch then you are sadly have a similar brick like me... If you are not sure, I suggest you to test recovery mode... On my wii it didn't help me yet it could be different for you...

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
djdynamite123 said:
This is "bad" for you at the minute, due to you removing the "health" screen, i knew i thought it was correct in me saying it will choke immediately without health!

erm i'm unsure, iv'e gave you all info i know, no savemii will not help you, if pad cant or savemiifrii cant, due to the health screen patched, erm Noobwarrior when he comes on may be able to help, which i "doubt" sorry
frown.gif

Ok, thanks for the help anyway.

Clutching at straws I am hoping the "Y on the controller" method doesn't work cos I didn't, after all, install the 2 rescue menu patches. I also haven't actually tried savemiifrii yet (didn't want to open the controller ... and it doesn't work unless you open the controller) so you never know .....

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

Clutching at straws I am hoping the "Y on the controller" method doesn't work cos I didn't, after all, install the 2 rescue menu patches. I also haven't actually tried savemiifrii yet (didn't want to open the controller ... and it doesn't work unless you open the controller) so you never know .....
No problem mate, feel a bit gutted for you actually, give the "pad" a whirl if not, at least you tried another option, I'd go do it now!! (I'm having a feeling it will work)

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
Actually there is always the recovery mode workaround either through starfall or savemii... So my suggestion is using the recovery mode...

Which is ??

Before I installed starfall, the startup process was

a) show health and safety screen (press A to continue)
b) white squares on a black background (fade to black)
c) Wii system menu.

Now it starts at (b) but then shows the error. To me that sounds like it's not completely borked.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
AdamBrunt said:
djdynamite123 said:

frown.gif

You can do it with the dance pads too, no taking apart of controllers... Also it's not the dead end if it's really bricked to no autoboot... see here : http://forum.wiibrew.org/read.php?8,1693

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
AdamBrunt said:
WiiCrazy said:

Which is ??

Before I installed starfall, the startup process was

a) show health and safety screen (press A to continue)
b) white squares on a black background (fade to black)
c) Wii system menu.

Now it starts at (b) but then shows the error. To me that sounds like it's not completely borked.

Well that (a) gives the system time to load the disc and boot it if it's autoboot also the apploader from the disc is consumed in this phase... but your wii has no time to do all these and just jumps to the error display... by that time your only option is to shutdown the wii...

But it will go into recovery mode if you use savemiifrii or savemii, then it depends on the type of brick you are facing... it can boot the autoboot wadmanager disc or not like in my case...

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
You can do it with the dance pads too, no taking apart of controllers... Also it's not the dead end if it's really bricked to no autoboot... see here : http://forum.wiibrew.org/read.php?8,1693

Gotta say, that link goes right over my head. The last post also mentions how they stopped working on it as SaveMii came out so presumably SaveMii does the same thing.

WiiCrazy said:
Well that (a) gives the system time to load the disc and boot it if it's autoboot also the apploader from the disc is consumed in this phase... but your wii has no time to do all these and just jumps to the error display... by that time your only option is to shutdown the wii...

Ah, ok - I am getting it now I think.

QUOTE(WiiCrazy @ Nov 23 2008, 09:04 PM)
But it will go into recovery mode if you use savemiifrii or savemii, then it depends on the type of brick you are facing... it can boot the autoboot wadmanager disc or not like in my case...

Right - time to take my mate's GC controller apart then
wink.gif

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

yes, i would go and open up the controller now

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
AdamBrunt said:
WiiCrazy said:

Gotta say, that link goes right over my head. The last post also mentions how they stopped working on it as SaveMii came out so presumably SaveMii does the same thing.

Well if you carefully look at the poster, it's noone but me
smile.gif

Good luck in recovery mode!

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
Well if you carefully look at the poster, it's noone but me
smile.gif

so it is ... I must have missed it through my teary eyes at the thought of a broken wii
wink.gif

QUOTE(WiiCrazy @ Nov 23 2008, 09:30 PM) Good luck in recovery mode!

thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it