Hacking Banner Editing Tutorial

deba94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shadowluigi323 said:
I have a question, What Hex Editor was used in those pictures. All the ones i get give me different value's i really appreciate if someone tells me or gives me link to it.
unsure.gif
The editor is "010 Editor", found in PaRaDoX's old banner editing tutorial and tool set.

Nintendog66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope someone here can help me, I when I try to use the command for gbalzss I get a "??? banner.bin" line, I already tried changing the gbalzss to both the one posted on the second page(which fixed the same problem another person had) and the spanish one but none worked... Pleas ehlp, I'm dying to play Megaman 1-6 on my Wii through a channel and Blaster Master too

Also I don't have a chip-modded Wii so where can i get someone to try the channels when I finish them? I don't want to risk semi-bricking my Wii and if someone has a chip they'll be able to recover it.

lemonadess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I do exactly like the tutorial but I receive this error: (I didn't forget any step. Especially 6.3. Under "U8 type" (Tipo de U8) select "U8 file signed with MD5" (Archivo U8 firmado con MD5)
1241.jpg

1241.jpg

I am trying to change the banner of Zelda Ocarina of Time, and I cannot continue. I tried with TV Showking WiiWare but still received same error.

a3HeadedMonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This tutorial is a life saver. I was trying to get my head round this by reading from various sources. This is much more explanatory though.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Bo Frost said:
no problem, i´m going to change it tomorrow. funny,thats the only part of the tutorial that i havent tried by myself because i´m not very interested in vc stuff.

btw.: found this article and some other info about the sound.bin used in the homebrew channel, with the short intro and loop. i guess you guys already know. since i can not handle the c# sourcecode of BNRSound.cs, i´m not able to play around with it. anyway,i think this tool is for ripping the sound only, not for packing it back in the correct format to make it loop. but i´m not sure. does anybody know a little more about this?

I compiled those sources to rip homebrew channel music long ago, now I see it's only for decoding so you can't encode anything with that.
More easy way probably would be write some kind of converter just for the bns part and inject into existing bns file in the sound.bin of homebrew channel.

deba94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Deep2 said:
deba94 said:
Deep2 said:
Wait a sec, i swear i've seen this tutorial before, oh yeah it was here.
Nice find I guess, but... What are you trying to prove (if anything).?

That you might have taken this without permission without the author knowing, or the complete opposite.
Uh, the blog post date is 20 days after the day this thread was made.... And my name is slathered on the screen shots. Though you're right, I was not asked permission.

And what exactly did the guy change? Looks the same as my post just with a different name trying to get credit.

Shadowmoses

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
i have some question about the 2 little icons 128x96 and 112x32

- Does it support to be animated, like a animated gif? Or only a png format?

- I don't see where the 112x32 goes in the wii interface?

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Shadowmoses said:

- I don't see where the 112x32 goes in the wii interface?

I don't think that it supports animated gifs/

Okay so there's 112x32 and 128x96. The 2nd one is the channel icon when you're at the wii menu. The first one is a little banner which changes from the first to second like a transition. its hard to explane but if you download a custom channel, you'll see what I mean
smile.gif

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Shadowmoses said:

Only supports .BMP / .JPEG

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Followed this thread and the tutorial with great results.
So thanks all of you.

Now maybe someone could tell me how to modify the icon.brlyt file to make the LogoChan.tpl
the same size like the IconImage.tpl has.
Also, I would really appreciate more info on how to make an animation like the homebrew channel has it.

@Deba
Did you finally get tools to make Banner-animations.
I also would like to know the complicated way to make an animation.

Forsaekn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Forsaekn
Yes, got it mate, and it's working fine. thanks again.

I wonder if one of you great coders got the time to build a "Banner-all-in-One"-Tool.
Something that includes u8tools, tpl tools, brlyt editing all under one gui
and easy to use. That would be really great.

//EDIT:
I tried 8bit wave files for use as sound.bin. Didn't work. silence remains...
It seems only PCM 16Bit wave files do work... Which is bad, cos of the filesize...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9PJJRe1g2Y