Hacking Banner Editing Tutorial

mueueps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Die von der ersten Seite...also muss sagen ich hab keine ahnung davon...welche sind die batchdateien?
Wenn ich den wadpacker starte steht da kurz was...is aber so schnell weg dass ich es nich lesen kann...

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Du hast im Ordner die dateien wadpacker.bat und wadunpacker.bat.
Öffne die mal mit notepad und passe den pfad zu den EXEN an.

//EDIT:
Sorry, just needed to help mueueps in german. Hope you don't mind.

- I wonder If someone found out how to loop a sound.bin?

mueueps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you! Just worked when i put the fils on the packer bad file for packing...

Okay, now i have the next problem...installed successful, but there appears no channel!?

Edit:

Just got it, after doing it again! Can't say what I've done wrong.....

problues99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried following this tutorial using an opening.bnr that I took from a DVD game (Guitar Hero 3 to be specific) but it didn't work. I would like to speak with someone who can help me out more with understanding what is going on behind the scenes. I like being able to do things, but I'd rather understand how/why it works to fully appreciate what is happening.

Edit:
Ok, So I was able to get the opening.bnr file extracted, edited, and repackaged, but when I put it on a dvd and try to load it, the banner comes up in the WiiMenu as a GameCube disk, but in the DiskChannel, it comes up as just a black screen with no sound. The game can still be booted however. any thoughts?

mueueps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hey can anybody help me with the sound.bin?

so far i've got the sound.bin ( converted with cmd) then i tried to repack the files with u8...
but there is no sound when i install the wad. the sound is about 9sec long

Where is the problem?
Thanks

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
mueueps said:
hey can anybody help me with the sound.bin?

so far i've got the sound.bin ( converted with cmd) then i tried to repack the files with u8...
but there is no sound when i install the wad. the sound is about 9sec long

Where is the problem?
Thanks

Sign the sound.bin with MD5. (Look at the tutorial)

mueueps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thanks to jesse first....

...new question...is the max. length for the sound.bin 10se.? Because i think i read someone saying it doesn't matter...

...anything new on making loops?

thanks...

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you can use longer clips. but as they are saved as wav it will result in too big file sizes.
What you can do, is saving your tone as *.aiff signed PCM 8-Bit. this will keep the file size a bit lower, but not that much....

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
I compiled the BNRSound.cs (http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Opening.bnr) into a sound.bin to pcm converter... if you are interested in it, you can use it...

for homebrew channel audio, pcm properties are 16bit signed - little endian - 32000Hz (too much, too less), you need at least .net framework 2.0
http://www.tepetaklak.com/data/BannerSoundToPcm.exe

no sources, no credits, no nothing...

If you are into LZ77 compression maybe you can work on the BNS format and at least rip and replace existing looped sound.bin files...

gundalf

Trophies
XP
Country
I think i am too stupid to use the application. I have made an sound which is 00:09,30 long and i want that it beginns to loop on 00:05,54.
The Idea is to have an Boot sequence and then looping background music.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Well it's not an encoder, it's just a decoder... so you can't compile sound.bins with this program...

you can find the correct loop pos to put into bns format changing and listening to the output pcm...

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
I just want to remember o all, There are no problem to have a "big" 00000000.app file, however if we want to try that banner on a DVd-r, (like opening.bnr), the maximum size its between 512/550kb aprox. in case to be bigger the console hangs.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... I created my first banner, it's just something I need to see that I did everything right, anyone willing to test it? (I would, but I don't have Twilight Princess or BootMii(not out yet
frown.gif
) to fix it) I don't want to risk it.

It's Guitarfun3.0

Link

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
Just want to say THANK YOU GBATEMP thanks to this awesome guide i was able to create my first banner using paradox's rin channel as host and the q1 wii port as the host dol I was able to create a banner for my Q1 Halo Wii Mod!

SEE THE HALO BANNER I MADE USING THIS TUTORIAL HERE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvfPYuiJtuA

THANKS AGAIN GR8 GUIDE!

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I followed this Tutorial Step-by-Step, I'm pretty shure I've done everything right, but after installing the wad, I had a banner-brick...the Wii is now back from dead, but I'm interessted now what I've done wrong...Ideas?

Also, can somebody please say me how to convert a .wav into a .bin? Vista won't convert it with simply changing the extension...

Thanks in Advance...

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I followed this Tutorial Step-by-Step, I'm pretty shure I've done everything right, but after installing the wad, I had a banner-brick...the Wii is now back from dead, but I'm interessted now what I've done wrong...Ideas?
nice to know you recovered with me 7 spacejumps help hehe
nyanya.gif

youll have been tutted if it was a case of
hate2.gif
biggrin.gif

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
ok again using the ICON part of this guide this time...I was able to make another wad with the banner,icon and logo
smile.gif
This is gr8 because I am porting Joemarts2000's Halo Quake models over and I want a nice channel

Quake has a Online update coming soon! Slayer and CTF halo matches on wii using a Q1 mod ONLY homebrew could do that for us!

Have a look at the Banner I made using this thread for HALO Wii Q1 style!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAURYmMXMr8

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I can't figure out how include the new audio file (wav), I change it to sound.bin (without bin in the name), I signed it, then packed, but the old wav sound remain =(.

Another thing, how we can add the the Wii config. Banner? That what appear in the System Channel Manager? I only get the grey "?"

Excellent Tutorial cheers!

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Many thanks for the great guide! But it looks like the instructions for changing the sound are not clear enough cause many (myself included) can't get it work. Any chance for some help?
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...