Preview GC Backup Launcher for Wii

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If the above is correct , then metal gear solid isn't going to work. You can't save , shut down , load disc 2 and then load save. It'll just ask for disc 1 , for that one you have to be able to swap.

WiiGator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It doesn't support multigame discs. I don't have a multigame disc and I currently can't burn one, because my server with the DVD burner crashed. Maybe Waninkoko will add this feature.

I wasn't thinking about changing the game on a multi game disc while a game is running. The gamer must tell the system to change the game on the disc. The only way I currently could think about is using USB Gecko or change the game if a memory card is inserted in slot B.

I don't know if Metal Gear Solid is working. It will not support games reloading itself. All games which are running with SD-Boot should also work.

Tested games so far: Buffy the Vampires Slayer, Kao The Kangaroo Round 2, Super Mario Sunshine, Zelda 4 Swords, Crash Nitro Kart, Resident Evil 1 (2 discs), Luigi's Mansion, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and the game you can see in the video.

It is not intended to work with SD cards. The DVD is much faster (at least what I can see when comparing to SD-Boot). In general it works as SD-Boot. It patches the DVD read function in games.

Regarding the Wii Backup Launcher: Somebody already released a #002 error fix and you have also the CIOSCORP thing to get all games working.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Awesome work gator!

Looking forward to the release.

smile.gif

Cyman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay, I am sooo looking forward to this. This is what I waited for! Thank you for all the time you invest in developping all your great stuff WiiGator. I am patient and wait for the release until you think it's good enough for a release and I hope everybody else can also be that patient!

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Congrats wiigator again doing what was thought to be impossible. I have a few question if you dont mind.
1.) in the video I see that you have to load 2 programs from the HBC now im guessing that the first one is a mIOS patcher of some sort and the seconds is the loader itself is this correct?
2.) when you release this to the public with it have a nice GUI like the current Wii loader? not that I care I just simple asking

Again 2 thumbs man
mthrnitesmiley.gif
mthrnitesmiley.gif

DPyro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can't wait for the release, would love to beta test this if possible. I have a Sony camera that I could use to make a better video.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was the one that made the video. I'm sorry for the crappy quality and the glare. I tried my best to get the best quality possible on my laptop camera. Again, truly sorry.

Diffusion said:
What about the games with streaming audio (ones that require audio fix)?

Like these... http://www.openwii.org/wiki/GameCube_Games...Streaming_Audio
When you start it up, it'll tell you that the game may need an audio fix. and gives you a couple of options to fix it. Some games I have tested that work are:

Zoids: Battle Legends
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Naruto: Gekitou! Ninja Taisen EX 3
Mega Man X Collection
Mega Man X: Command Mission
Mega Man Battle Network Transmission.

I'm going to test more to see if they work so be patient.
biggrin.gif

Anorhc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There aren't any framerate problems, are there? Either the game is experiencing some framerate problems or the captured video posted is skipping frames.
blink.gif

yikkyon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just jizzed my pants!
Yes! My dreams of playing GC Backups have come true!!!!
Now all those GC backups can be put to use!
Thank you!!!!

specht

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now this is quite a surprise after all this time thinking it's impossible.

Just goes to show, when it comes to pure hardware and software, nothing is impossible. I'd almost bet that 6x loading could be a reality within the year.

It sucks that MGS doesn't work. Though I already own that game and I would never think of trading that in. As of now I own a legal copy of every game in the series including both normal and Sub**** versions.

Awesome work WiiGator!!!

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
I already have a modchip but I've been dying to share some classics with my friends! Thanks WiiGator, you have made this possible!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan @I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu...