Hacking Best GC multidisc creator

Cyman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Sstew:
Dude, I know how you feel, I am also on a Mac and think it's pretty annoying sometimes that most of the GC/Wii tools are for Windows (99%) as I don't have BootCamp or VMWare ready at the moment.
It would really be cool if there were more tools for Mac, but I guess we have to have some Windows installation ready for homebrew...

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cyman said:
@Sstew:
Dude, I know how you feel, I am also on a Mac and think it's pretty annoying sometimes that most of the GC/Wii tools are for Windows (99%) as I don't have BootCamp or VMWare ready at the moment.
It would really be cool if there were more tools for Mac, but I guess we have to have some Windows installation ready for homebrew...

Yeah, well I'm gonna try a combo of Disk Utility and "Burn" and see if I can get these working. If I can I'll write up a mini tutorial for Mac Users

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Cyman said:
@Sstew:

Anyone tried CrossOver? Maybe this works...I won't try it..I'm too lazy
tongue.gif
(and no, I don't know how you feel..two Laptops Tripe-Booting Windows, Ubuntu and Mac is so safe and cool
tongue.gif
)

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Golfman560 said:
If you want to get Multigame discs working use the RunGCBackup app from the HBC. It will give you options to laod the games.
You mean the regular ones, like pressing the A button for auto detect and L for PAL-60 and such? Launching from Gamma gives you the same options!

Prisoner

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
jab2004 said:
3. Using the mutilgameISOcreator can you put NTSC and Pal games on one disk.
interesting question...is it possible...or the GCOS change all the games' ouputs with the one you input in the command line??
unsure.gif

LegendaryXM90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:
Can you combine PAL and NTSC into one ISO or do all games have to be from one region?

Can someone please answer this? I'm trying to put Viewtiful Joe 1, 2, and Red Hot Rumble on the same DVD but the only RHR I could find is PAL and the other 2 are NTSC. I don't want to have another coaster.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I tried this out myself and I couldn't get it to work using the commandline version of 3.4VF. I tried Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, and Zelda Collector's[OOT/MQ, not the compilation disk], and the backup launcher just sends me back to the wii menu. If I try it from the Wii menu, after inserting the disk I get: "An error has occurred. Press the eject button and remove the disk." etc etc. Did I use a bad version of the tool? My Wii is using 3.2U if it matters, along with Wanin's cMIOS.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
daxtsu said:
I tried this out myself and I couldn't get it to work using the commandline version of 3.4VF. I tried Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, and Zelda Collector's[OOT/MQ, not the compilation disk], and the backup launcher just sends me back to the wii menu. If I try it from the Wii menu, after inserting the disk I get: "An error has occurred. Press the eject button and remove the disk." etc etc. Did I use a bad version of the tool? My Wii is using 3.2U if it matters, along with Wanin's cMIOS.

try wiigator's cmios and run it through the loader.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
My Collector's Zelda disk image was bad. I tried it with WW and TP, and in Wiigator's loader it just loads TP right off the bat, and if I go through the Disk Channel it goes to the GCOS screen, where I can choose "boot dvd", but it just says press A to continue, which loops back to the boot DVD choice. Guess it isn't working yet.

kashin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i burned pal LoZ: WW, ntsc Mario Sunshine and ntsc FF: Crystal Cronicles, made with patman's GUI version on USA settings for my PAL wii, then ran it through the Homebrew Channel GCLauncher app and all 3 work perfectly.

sgclay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anybody found anything that will work for Mac?
I've tried using Darwine on MultigameISOcreator and GCOS Multigame Creator V4F, but i got nothing.

jab2004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jab2004 said:
Sorry if i seem like a bit of a noob but can someone confirm for me you can pock the ISO's onto one disk but with Wiigator saying they have to be 1 - 1.5 GB does this mean it is pointless using the rest of the space on a 4.7GB disk or will it still work.

if some one could answer the questions below it would be great

1. on the compatibility list it says Mulitigames with "MultiGameISOCreator.exe" Works PAL does this mean all pal games work and what about NTSC and NTSC-J.
2. Can you exceed the 1-1.5GB limit on the multigame disks.

once again sorry if im being a noob im just trying to clear a few things up

thanks in advance to anyone who can answer

Just to answer my own questions i tested this last night and here are my results although i have only tested wish a few games.

1. I tested 3 Pal games on the disk and 2 out of 3 of these worked i am unsure if the game that didn't work was due to me shrinking the game of if it just didn't work this would require further testing

2. I had 4 games on 1 disk which was approx 3.8GB which means we are also able to exceed the 1 - 1.5GB limit

3. I had Agrresive inline (Pal) and Bomber Man X (NTSC) on one disk and both of these have worked perfect also these games were shrunk by MultiGameISOCreater so they work shrunken as well - It looks like multipul regions on 1 disk seems to work although i have not tested NTSC-J

mxk1000

Trophies
XP
Country
jab2004 said:
jab2004 said:
Sorry if i seem like a bit of a noob but can someone confirm for me you can pock the ISO's onto one disk but with Wiigator saying they have to be 1 - 1.5 GB does this mean it is pointless using the rest of the space on a 4.7GB disk or will it still work.

if some one could answer the questions below it would be great

1. on the compatibility list it says Mulitigames with "MultiGameISOCreator.exe" Works PAL does this mean all pal games work and what about NTSC and NTSC-J.
2. Can you exceed the 1-1.5GB limit on the multigame disks.

once again sorry if im being a noob im just trying to clear a few things up

thanks in advance to anyone who can answer

Just to answer my own questions i tested this last night and here are my results although i have only tested wish a few games.

1. I tested 3 Pal games on the disk and 2 out of 3 of these worked i am unsure if the game that didn't work was due to me shrinking the game of if it just didn't work this would require further testing

2. I had 4 games on 1 disk which was approx 3.8GB which means we are also able to exceed the 1 - 1.5GB limit

3. I had Agrresive inline (Pal) and Bomber Man X (NTSC) on one disk and both of these have worked perfect also these games were shrunk by MultiGameISOCreater so they work shrunken as well - It looks like multipul regions on 1 disk seems to work although i have not tested NTSC-J

I agree with this, I have used various regoins on the one disk and shrunk, had no common errors.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted