PSP VS DS LITE!

Which handheld would you guys get?(or already have)

• PSP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DS

• Why not get both? I can afford it :)

• Total voters

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DS FTW, I already have a PS2, a much more portable music/movie player for around 1/10 of the price of the PSP and my PC for emulation, plus, only a handful of games on the PSP are actually worth playing, even MGS on the PSP is baaaad.

23qwerty

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yes this poll isn't biased at all
rolleyes.gif

layzieyez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recently bought a psp slim and I actually carry both with me to work in my backpack (and I ride a bike to work). I wouldn't have bought the psp if it didn't get so easy to mod. Actually, I found out about flashcarts for the DS because I was looking to get a PSP to mod (circa early 2007 so no Pandora).

Anyway, I like them both for different things. Two games that really drew me to the PSP was Metal Slug Anthology and Ridge Racer. They're pretty much all I've been playing in the week I've had my PSP even though I have about 50 different games downloaded. I still haven't started with putting emulators on it, but I'm in no big rush. The library of games is much smaller with the PSP, but the select games that I plan on playing are the ones that fill the void that my DS couldn't fill. I like having both with me because if the battery dies with one, I can just play the other one. If you're wondering how expensive this hobby is getting for me, keep in mind I'm not using/buying Memory Stick Pro Duo. I bought the adapters from Dealextreme so I'm using 4GB Transcend MicroSDHC in an adapter to play on the PSP so it's pretty cost effective. To hell with proprietary memory card formats.

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Battery time is what is stopping me from getting a psp. The PSP is like a computer to me...yet if it only lasts 2 hours...it's not worth it in my opinion anymore...

engruzii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
DS ftw
yaynds.gif

i feel sorry for PSP since it mainly used for PS1 games & homebrew, & i don't care about it cause i have my old systems & they work fine & i can play them on a big TV & no need to charge the battery after 2 hours
tongue.gif

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, PSP have 5%
wtf.gif

I tell what we in Poland(at least 97% of people) thinks:

QUOTE said:
LULZ DS? WHAT'S THTA?

end of quote

Well I like the
nds.gif
but
psp.gif
isn't bad. I just like innovatie things, if I want to play graphics games, I'll play GameCube, it's even better that PSP...what don't makes PSP bad, I voted for both, because there you have blocky but fun Mario Kart and there you have films and music.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
I have both of them, but not really because I could afford it.

Or rather, I couldn't afford both at the same time. I got my PSP about a year after I got my DS. Both of them are pretty great, although I've mainly been using the PSP for games, movies and emulators, whilst I only use the DS for games. Sure the PSP doesn't have a great number of awesome games, but then again there is still enough to keep a person occupied. I'm never going to be on a bus for more than 6 hours a day, so the games that are good usually last me a while and the battery life doesn't mean much to me since I can just charge it when I get home.

Also, I really enjoy some peoples uneducated comments in this thread.

QUOTE said:
The PSP is like a computer to me...yet if it only lasts 2 hours...it's not worth it in my opinion anymore...

Change 2 to about 6. Still a good battery life.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Law said:
QUOTE said:
The PSP is like a computer to me...yet if it only lasts 2 hours...it's not worth it in my opinion anymore...

It depends. A slim on low volume and sound with a phat battery while running games off the memory stick can have a really long battery life.
IMHO the PSP beats the DS only because its so great at emulation. When you buy a PSP you have access to 100% perfectly emulation PS1 and all the other older systems work better than on the DS.

The DS has better games though and most of them are really addicting and fun. They also provide a really nice experience which you can't get anywhere else.(EBA)

If I had to pick I'd choose the PSP, only because the PS1 is my favorite console.
I have a DS lite atm and about to get a PSP.

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
Overall, the PSP. Videos on this thing are amazing. Playing my old PSX Games is a dream come true. Full speed GBA Emulation which is stretched to the screen. In-Game Guide in ANYTHING, Game homebrew whatever.

Posts merged

Xcalibur said:
Law said:
QUOTE said:

It depends. A slim on low volume and sound with a phat battery while running games off the memory stick can have a really long battery life.
IMHO the PSP beats the DS only because its so great at emulation. When you buy a PSP you have access to 100% perfectly emulation PS1 and all the other older systems work better than on the DS.

The DS has better games though and most of them are really addicting and fun. They also provide a really nice experience which you can't get anywhere else.(EBA)

If I had to pick I'd choose the PSP, only because the PS1 is my favorite console.
I have a DS lite atm and about to get a PSP.

+1

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The DS because I like to touch.
biggrin.gif

Actually I picked both since I have both, I use my PSP more for stuff like emulation, and homebrew(some)
My DS is for other homebrew, and some games. I want to get my SCDS1 already soI can play games. xD

Slippy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Games on the PSP look better, but games on the DS are actually fun.

I recently purchased a fat psp to mod and play around with. I've had a DS since the original was released in 2004. Despite having not played a single PSP game until now (i.e. there should be lots of psp games to check out and play) I still end up playing my DS more.

Try2bcool

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't like having to poke my portable system with a stick.
nyanya.gif
nds.gif

Seriously, though, what's wrong with PS2 ports? They look pretty damn sweet on the PSP, and BTW, a lot of the games are made for the PSP and then ported to the PS2 (GTA:LCC and GTA:VCC to name a couple).
Do the Wii ports even remotely resemble their DS counterparts? No way.
3D is awful-looking on the DS, and awesome on the PSP.
Wiping the dust off my old PS1 library has been a suprisingly great experience.
The PSP's much larger screen is easier on my old eyes.
Modding a new PSP slim literaly took 5 mins.
I'm sick to death of Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong and Co.

The only problem I have with the PSP is the size of the games, 71 games use 58GB of HDD space, in contrast, all DS releases 0001-2568 only take up 63GB.

I know I sound like a fanboy, but I just got the thing, and I'm giving it a lot of love right now...maybe once the newness wears off I might change my mind.

Shebang

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I like the PSP's screen much better but I don't have the time to fiddle with that thing. NDS is way faster and more professional.

-shebang

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why are their still topics like this around? It should be obvious which system is better by now, and the fat that no games are being made for the psp makes it basically dead.

p.s and no monster hunter doesn't count as a game especially since nobody care about it over here.

[/quote]3D is awful-looking on the DS, and awesome on the PSP

I don't know which psp u mean but ps1 visuals are no where near awesome, and that's like saying the wii's graphics are awesome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQUBuvXmQuU